Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Going into the country, gonna eat alot of peaches...
This is my entry for The penguin book cover design competition. I chose to enter the children's book competition, producing a cover for James and the Giant Peach. I peeled lots of peaches, a very long and sticky process, flattened the skin out and stitched bits together. I then scanned in some hand drawn type for the front and back cover to use alongside Futura for the main copy. Im very pleased with the outcome and love the natural rich colours. The best thing about the whole project was the peach crumble I made from the leftovers! 

5 comments:

  1. This is the most beautiful and sweet idea I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to click in to enlarge the image but when I did I was blown away! It's gorgeous! I can only imagine how sticky your fingers were at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Anna! This cover is really class by the way :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha class, i'll look forward to that.

    ReplyDelete